Any personal information you provide to us will be treated in accordance with this policy. We may occasionally change this policy. Any changes will be notified on this page.
TLJ Security Systems is a controller and processor under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
What data will we collect?
We will only collect data that is relevant to dealing with matters connected to our products and services. We may collect the following:
- Anonymous information about your use of our site. This includes details of your visits such as pages viewed. We use Google Analytics to collect, anonymise and collate this data. We also analyse the web server logs. None of this includes personal information.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you apply for a job.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means. For example, you may email us or complete a contact form on our website. We may record your email address and any other relevant information you provide voluntarily to us.
How will we use the information we gather?
We use this information for the following reasons:
- To answer your enquiries about our products or services
- To improve our products or services
- To assist with our recruitment process
- To contact you in relation to our products and services
- Maintaining accounts and records
- Trade references
What is our basis for processing data?
The basis on which we process your personal data is one or more of the following:
- It is necessary for the performance of our contract with you
- It is in our legitimate interest to do so
- It is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation
- You have given us your consent to do so, which can be withdrawn at any time by advising our Data Protection Officer (see below)
How long will we keep the information we gather?
- We will normally keep your information throughout the period of time that we work with you
- In some cases, we may need to retain your information for a longer period, and we will advise you of this at the time
What data security measures are in place?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have physical, electronic and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. In the event of a personal data breach we will ensure that the effects of such a breach are minimised and shall liaise with you and the ICO as appropriate.
Links to other websites
What data rights do you have?
You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Right to be informed
- Right of access (see below)
- Right of rectification of errors and omissions
- Right to erasure (see below)
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability between various platforms and systems
- Right to object to our processing of your data
- Rights concerning automated decision making and profiling
Right of access
You have the right to see the information we hold about you. To access this, you need to provide a request in writing to our Data Protection Officer, together with proof of identity. We will usually process your request free of charge and within 30 days, however we reserve the right to charge a reasonable administration fee and to extend the period by a further two months if the request is manifestly unfounded or vexatious and/or is very complex.
Right to erasure
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain cases (details may be found in Article 17 of the GDPR). We will deal with your request free of charge and within 30 days but reserve the right to refuse to erase information that we are required to retain by law or regulation. To exercise your right to erasure please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission except in the following cases:
- when required by law to do so;
- for services providers, but only to the extent necessary for them to provide such services. These will include delivery services, account management and CRM providers, and IT services who host, develop and provide support for this website.
We will take necessary measures to safeguard the personal data transferred to such third parties.
To contact us, write to: Data Protection Officer, TLJ Security Systems, 68 - 78 Leads Road, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU7 0BY.
Who can you complain to?
- If you are unhappy about how we are using your information or how we have responded to your request the initially you should contact our Data Protection Officer
- If your complaint remains unresolved then you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, details available at www.ico.org.uk
V1.1 May 2018